Understanding Islam Through Hadis: Religious Faith or Fanaticism?
- Publication date
- Public Domain Mark 1.0
- Islam, Hadith, Islamization, Negationism, Islamofascism, Secularism, Mughals, Delhi Sultanate, Understanding Islam Through Hadis, Leftism, Nehruvian Era, Congress Party, Partition of India, Sita Ram Goel, Koenraad Elst, Hindutva, K. S. Lal, Ram Swarup
Understanding Islam Through Hadis is a Book by Ram Swarup, First Published in the United States in 1982. It Was Eventually Banned in India. the Book Is a Study, Based on the English Translation by Abdul Hamid Siddiqi, of the Sahih Muslim, the Second Most Important Collection of Sunni Hadiths. Ram Swarup Claims in the Foreword that "We Have Quoted Extensively and Faithfully from It."
In 1983, A Reprint of the Book by Sita Ram Goel, Ram Swarup’s Long-Time Friend and Collaborator, Sold Out Quickly. in 1987, Goel Printed Another Edition of the Book and Tried to Publish a Hindi Translation Which He Had Commissioned. the Details Are Not Known with Certainty but, Apparently on the Basis of a Complaint Lodged with the Police, All Copies of the Hindi Translation Were Seized from the Printer'S Shop and Goel Was Arrested.
He Recounted the Situation:
Soon after We Reached the Police Station, Policeman Shouted at Me, "Tu Kaun Hai? Yeh Kya Kiya? Bahut Badi Riot Hote-Hote Ruki Hai (Who Are You? What Have You Done? a Big Riot Almost Broke Out)." I Told Him that I Was Nobody, and Did Not Understand the Accusation. He Barked, "Musalman Ubal Rahen Hain, Unke Gharon Ki Chhaton Par Behisab Eet-Patthar Rakhe Hai, Gharon Ke Bhitar Gola Barud, We Jab Chahay Shahar Main Aag Laga Sakte Hain (Muslims Are Furious. They Have Heaps of Bricks and Stones Piled up on the Roofs of Their Houses, and Firearms within. They Can Set the City on Fire whenever They Want)." I Asked Him Why the Police Had Allowed Them to Collect and Keep the Arsenal. He Snarled, "Yeh Baat to Apne Netaon Se Pucho, Men to Ek Garib Policewala Hoon, Bacchon Ka Pet Paal Raha Hun (Put This Question to Your Leaders, I Am Only a Poor Policeman Trying to Feed My Family)." I Kept Quiet.
Goel Was Bailed Out after 18 Hours in Police Custody, but the Impounded Copies of the Hindi Translation Were Never Returned to Him. Later, Public Furore Ensued after a Claim in the Jamaat-E-Islami Weekly Radiance that the Book Was Offensive to Muslims. Finally, in 1990 the Hindi Translation of the Book Was Officially Banned. in March 1991 the English Original Was Also Banned. the Criminal Case against Goel for Printing the Book Was Dismissed after Some Years on 5 May 1997, but the Book Still Remained Banned.
Table of Contents:-
1. Faith (Iman)
2. Purification (Taharah)
3. Prayer (Salat)
4. The Poor Tax (Zakat)
5. Fasting and Pilgrimage (Sawm and Hajj)
6. Marriage and Divorce (Al-Nikah and Al-Talaq)
7. Business Transactions, Inheritances, Gifts, Bequests, Vows and Oaths
8. Crime and Punishment (Qasamah, Qisas, Hadud)
9. Religious Wars (Jihad)
10. Government (Al-Imaaa)
11. Hunting, Food and Drink
12. Clothing, Decorations, General Behavior, Greetings, Magic, Poetry, Visions, Dreams
13. Muhammad on Muhammad
14. The Prophet's Companions
15. Virtue, Destiny, Knowledge, Remembrance of God
16. Paradise, Hell, Their Inmates, the Last Day
17. Repentance (Tauba), I
18. Repentance, II (The Self-Criticism of Ka'b b. Malik)
19. Hypocrites (Munafiqin)
- 2020-09-01 06:42:03
- ABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR)
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4
Uploaded by Knowings on